With their extensive knowledge in paper production they worked out a way to produce the paper in their existing paper machines
New era for the packaging market Idea that he wanted to revolutionize the packaging market
Idea that he wanted to revolutionize the packaging market
FreeFormPack® began with an idea and a desire to do something that had never been done before.
Nabors Benini, the MD of Curti had an idea that he wanted to revolutionize the packaging market. He had come across a sample of a paper that had a good stretchability, with this paper in hand he put the engineers to work. Out came the first seed of what now is known as FreeFormPack®, unfortunately, the world was not yet ready since the paper could not be industrialized.
In 2008 BillerudKornäs came across the same paper that Nabore had found. With their extensive knowledge in paper production, they worked out a way to produce the paper in their existing paper machines. This was the birth of the FibreForm® Paper, which was not only formable but also had a clay coating for premium printing.
In 2012 Nabore approached BillerudKornäs with the vision of a new era for the packaging market, with his FreeFormPack® Machine for creating a formable packaging and the stretchable FibreForm® they were about to create something amazing.
The joint venture FreeForm Packaging AB was founded at the beginning of 2013 and the journey to unbox your brand began.
Freedom with FreeFormPack® Laminate.
Who decides on your packaging? You or your materials?
Do it your way with the world’s first truly formable paper packaging solution. Stretchable and printable, it is a sustainable, clay-coated paper-based laminate that you can shape, twist, and emboss to create the perfect, standout package.
We care about the environment.
At FreeFormPack® we care about the environment; therefore, we are proud to say that our packages are recyclable. Our packages are made of a paper laminate which composition consists of paper fibers up to 75%. The rest of the 25% of the laminate is based on polymers which are needed to create a tight package to protect the product and help preserve the contents with higher barrier requirements for longer shelf life and less food waste.
The paper part of the FreeFormPack® laminate consists of high-quality paper fibers that can be recycled several times into new paper products. The thin layer of plastic in our laminate can be extracted and recycled or used to produce energy.
Compared to a packaging made of 100% of the plastic we can see a reduction of CO2 of up to 75% when viewed over the entire lifetime of the package. This number takes the whole lifetime of the package in consideration, from the production of the paper to the transportation of reels of paper-based laminate to the customer plant. By producing the FreeFormPack® in the house at the customer plant from reels of paper-based laminate we reduce the amount of air transported to the customer site, compared to transporting premade jars.
Compared to a plastic jar we can often reduce the total weight of the packaging and thereby lessen the total waste contribution of the packaging. Lowering the waste also helps reduce the CO2 emissions through the package’s lifecycle, as it means that we are transporting less weight.
Our owners are actively working towards making their impact on the environment as small as possible, both through responsible forestry and supporting organizations involved in developing better recycling streams as well as organizations working to clean up the litter in the oceans.
Read more on BillerudKorsnäs webpage about their climate work: https://www.billerudkorsnas.com/sustainability/towards-a-sustainable-and-bio-based-society/our-climate-work
Our work always aims to guide our customers to find the best-optimized solution to minimize their package waste.
NEW STUDY FROM CROWN HOLDINGS AND IAI ACTIONS CRITICAL STEPS TO STRENGTHEN GLOBAL ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CAN RECYCLING
Improvements to beverage can recycling practices in six countries around the world could help to reduce global CO2 emissions by up to 60 million metric tons by 2030, according to a new study commissioned by Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) (Crown) (www.crowncork.com) and the International Aluminium Institute (IAI). Conducted by third-party global management consultants Roland
Oliver Healthcare Packaging strengthens supply chain, adds in-region film & foil production
Acquisition of EK-Pack latest investment to bolster commitment to customers throughout Europe. Oliver Healthcare Packaging, a leading supplier of sterile barrier flexible packaging solutions to the global healthcare market, today announced the acquisition of EK-Pack Folien GmbH, a manufacturer of high-quality film and foil technology, located in Ermengerst-Wiggensbach, Bavaria, Germany. This acquisition includes Vacopack H.